Chris McBride
Chris McBride asked:

Does Follett use a team of writers? Some sections of this book are so poorly written I wonder if it's the same guy who wrote Pillars of the Earth. Too many plot points, characters, and sections of dialogue seem awfully...juvenile and underdeveloped compared to the comprehensive story in Pillars.

To answer questions about Edge of Eternity, please sign up.
Rob Hendry I agree with all of this. I too was drawn to the idea of a team of writers. The imperative seemed to be to cover the whole historical period, come what may so by the end it was coming across like like a reluctant student's essay, and completely lacked any engaging plots or characterisations. The first book was very good but the many strands in Edge seem to have no compelling links and the family connections, which are the excuse are not really needed on the long, tedious journey. This is disappointing because KF writes a great yarn and his medieval books are superb.
Image for Edge of Eternity
by Ken Follett (Goodreads Author)