Jack Knapp
Jack Knapp asked Alp Mortal:

Are summers where you are warm? I ask for a reason; I've been working on a counter for global climate change, AKA 'global warming'. You mentioned you have solar panels; are they on the roof, or mounted on the ground?

Alp Mortal Hey Jack,
There are two systems - one heats water and one generates power. The panels which heat the water are roof mounted, The panel which generates the power is mounted on the south facing wall of the property. Clearly, both are dependent on the sun! I use black bags and buckets in the summer to heat water for washing and for doing the laundry - they are really effective in heating the water but not so good at keeping the water hot once the sun has gone off - as with all things; the systems work if you are prepared to adapt your lifestyle to suit. I also had a black hose coiled up under the compost pile and that was much more effective at keeping the water warm for longer - like overnight.

email me at alpmortal@hotmail.com if you want to know more