Ruth E. R.
Ruth E. R. asked:

Protagonist is female yet has a male name. This would irritate me if I chose to read this. Gender-neutrality issues of our culture show up girls names. Females named after males, but reverse is unacceptable. What would be result of once-strictly-male names being used for males, such as Ashley, Leslie, Shannon, Lindsay or Hilary (which used to be strictly male names)? So glad naming girls Michael has never taken off.

To answer questions about Tucker's Way / For Tucker, please sign up.
Michelle This has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. Your argument is illogical and makes no sense what so ever. Thank goodness most readers don't have your mindset.
Barbara Serrano It’s unfortunate that your predisposed attitude will deprive you of such a great story. The name Tucker has nothing to do with our current issue for gender neutral names. I went in reading this based off a recommendation thinking Tucker was a male, and was surprised that it was indeed about a female. However, as I read the story and went on to the 2nd in the series the character development was fantastic and I came to understand so much about Tucker and what she endured as a child and made sense of how she lived her life and develop a friendship that helped her grow and heal. This story is nothing about current society issues and gender neutrality but love, friendship and healing.
Kathy When you love a child, you give that child a name you love. Unfortunately, some children are not loved and they are given names that send that message. No matter, we must use our name and it's meaning to make us stronger!

Louise Bette Davis played a character named Stanley in a film released in 1942. Everybody, clutch your pearls!
Image for Tucker's Way / For Tucker
by David Johnson (Goodreads Author)