Brian
Brian asked:

Do you recommend audiobook or text version?

To answer questions about Station Eleven, please sign up.
Susannah I began the book reading the text version, then switched over to the audiobook since I have a narrow window of time to complete it (for a book club discussion this weekend). The audio version is not bad, but I would recommend the text if you have the time. The narrator reads it a bit like a hard-boiled detective in a 1940s mystery - kind of staccato, which I thought was an unusual choice. As I said, it's not bad, but I definitely had to adjust to the narrator's style.
Madi Bendeck I listened to the audiobook, so I could do other things while "reading" the novel. Often it felt like the story dragged on for eternity, but the use of short chapters interjected occasionally gave me a needed break from the longer chapters. I enjoyed it more than just reading it because I am, personally, not a fan of lots of narrative passages. Having them read to me gave me the push I needed to finish.
Image for Station Eleven
by Emily St. John Mandel (Goodreads Author)