Laura of Lurking
Laura of Lurking asked Regina Puckett:

Hi Regina, I just finished Hearts On Fire, you developed the character's so well in such a short space, but also a realistic plot. Which one did you work on first?

Regina Puckett I jump into writing a book or short story with both feet. I used to try and plot everything out but I never would stick to the plan. My characters would always take me off in another direction so these days I just begin writing. My plot and characters develop during the process. By the time I finish my first draft I have a good understanding of each one of my characters and I know exactly how I want the story to end. With each rewriting I add in the fine details. I like to think of it as layering until the story feels right. Hearts on Fire is actually my favorite short story. I love the thought of finding someone who really sees who you are and loves every single thing about you.