April
April asked:

I'm looking to possibly purchase this for our library collection and wondered what age ranges it was best suited for. Any ideas? Thanks!

To answer questions about The Complete Maus, please sign up.
Ashley Mcintyre It'd be great reading for anyone early teens and older.

It's a brilliant way to introduce young people to the atrocities of the Holocaust.

Adult readers will also recognize the themes around survivors with PTSD, guilt carried by their children, and the ripple effect caused throughout generations.

Additionally the use of animals to depict entire races, and the use of the comic genre to put forward the story make for interesting discussion points.
Philip Swain Hi April,

I would say, based on the subject matter and its presentation, early teens and above. The book deals with an array of human emotions, which require a mature or maturing mind to comprehend. That being said, Maus is an excellent introduction for those unfamiliar with the Holocaust and its perpetrators.

I hope this helps.
Philip
Image for The Complete Maus