Hello, Do you need to read the series to understand the plot lines? Or can I read this straight away? Because I only watch the film version of interview of the vampire despite the plot is different from the book.

To answer questions about Prince Lestat, please sign up.
Adam I have not finished the book yet, but I would say that you could read this book without having read the others. However, there may be some references that are not immediate clear to other characters and past events. Rice does explain the important points however. If you intend on reading the other books, then this book will contain spoilers about the previous book. If you don't want to read all the books first, I would recommend reading through The Queen of the Damned. That is the first three books in the series. While there are references to the later books and perhaps some spoilers, those first three books would give you a solid foundation on the events that led up to the current book.
Image for Prince Lestat