Julia
Julia asked:

Is there anyone who has read all of the English translations of this book and can tell me which is the best one? I loved Mirra Ginsburg's translations of The Master and Margarita and Heart of a Dog, but she didn't translate this one. Thank you!

To answer questions about The White Guard, please sign up.
Jeffrey Linneman The Schwartz version is the full, most true-to-the-original, eloquent translation, having read from both books.
Danushka Devinda didn't get the chance to read all of the translations. I am reading Micheal Glenny's. And I don't find any problem; in fact, I find it is really well-written.
rob I read the Michael Glenny translation and thought it was excellent. Certainly the text flowed effortlessly.
Ignavia Kharms I read a version translated by Roger Cockrell, can highly recommend it
Julia Via wikipedia, the Shwartz's translation is the only complete version, so I'll be going with his.
Image for The White Guard