Veronica Souter

Has Crossstitch been renamed Outlander? I am aware there is now a TV series of the books called Outlander. Unfortunately we don't have it in Scotland yet. Is it true to the book?

To answer questions about Voyager, please sign up.
Lacey I don't think it's been 'renamed'; I read on Gabaldon's website that it was published as Cross Stitch in the UK/Australia and Outlander in the U.S. Not sure why. As far as I know, it is the same book.
Gidget I have only watched the first 8 episodes of the tv show, though 10 have aired. So far it is very faithful to the story. There are a few events here and there that occur in a different order. There are a few things that have been left out and others that have been added. But overall it is very faithful. I look forward to seeing the remaining 8 episodes.

It's my understanding that Season 1 is Outlander (Crossstich), Season 2 is Dragonfly in Amber, etc. I've only read Outlander and the first half of Dragonfly, so I hope I can keep up with the show :-)
Image for Voyager
by Diana Gabaldon (Goodreads Author)