Tristan
Tristan asked:

To answer questions about The Eternity Code, please sign up.
Quinn
Stephanie I'd like to add that not only is it because he had to protect Artemis, but also because he wanted to protect Artemis - Artemis has become far more than just a Principal to be protected to Butler; Artemis has become a friend. I'd also go so far as to say a building theme in each book is that the stakes have been higher, and so have the consequences to Artemis and especially those closest to him, that sometimes getting oneself hurt in a plan is not nearly as painful as someone you care about getting hurt because of your plan. It further shows Artemis just how important Butler is to him, not just as a protector, and how his schemes are starting to put his closest friends in mortal danger, no matter how well-planned they are.
Reghan The answer to that is simple. Butler got hurt because he had to protect Artemis. I'm not blaming Artemis for it though, I mean it was Arno Blunt that pulled the trigger
Image for The Eternity Code