I read The Name of the Wind and enjoyed it - I decided I didn't need to get hooked on the series, but I admire his writing and imagination tremendously.

To answer questions about The Wise Man's Fear, please sign up.
Isabelle The second book (The Wise Man's Fear) is even better than the first.
More banter and more action. Great comedic timing. Very descriptive language draws you into their world even deeper.
Be aware. Muhaha... (evil laugh).
Greg Bell While that's not a question, I'll take issue with your conclusion. I recently read 'The Name of the Wind,' and can't wait for this one. Not many writers write like this guy, and I'm all in.
Breno The Name of the Wind is much better than Thw Wise Man's Fear.
Mia It's only three books, friend. Even if you get hooked its not a lifelong addiction! Peace
Adam I didn't think so.
Rob Angol Without doubt. TWMF is a more rounded booth that TNOTW.
There is more of a journey and Kvothe gets to flex his learned skills and learn more in the process. Undoubtedly better book.. You do your self a disservice not continuing with the next book.
Noah It is not a question,
Misha Ali Is that a question?
Image for The Wise Man's Fear
by Patrick Rothfuss (Goodreads Author)