Sever, Was wondering your writing approach? Do you start with characters? Setting? How did the world of Arcane come to fruition, what was the inception point?

To answer questions about Arcane, please sign up.
Sever Bronny It varies. The first book I started with nothing--no characters, no story, no world, nothing. When I first began writing it, I wasn't even sure if it was going to become a sci-fi novel or a fantasy. I just wrote by the seat of my pants. (Chapter two of Arcane was once chapter one, for example--I just started mid-scene). Since then, however, I've evolved my approach. Now I plan things out a little better, flesh out the characters and the basic storyline.

Sithesia (the world of Arcane) grew organically, one scene and idea at a time, and will continue to do so. There are a lot of places and characters yet to be introduced, too, ones I've cultivated for certain situations. Some were born on napkins even (cliche, I know). I draw inspiration from everyday life, politics, movies, internet, but also from my time playing role-playing games as a kid. Sithesia is always growing, and I look forward to seeing what it becomes :)
Image for Arcane
by Sever Bronny (Goodreads Author)