Casey, with a book

Goodreads says this is #0.5 ... Does that mean I can read it before The Selection? I thought it might be a good way to decide whether I want to read the series.

To answer questions about The Prince, please sign up.
Hannah This does take place before The Selection, but I think you're supposed to read it after you read the first book otherwise I don't think it'd really make much sense because you wouldn't know Maxon as a character already. And it's not really written like it's introducing you to him you know? Kinda just giving some backstory to what you learn in The Selection, which is such a quick read you could probably speed right through it.
hayden I'm pretty sure that just means it occurs chronologically before The Selection, in the grand scheme of things. If I were you, I would still start off with The Selection to give this context, although, yes, you could start wth this if you wanted to.
Alexandra Justine because it's just a 64 paged book
Keilah Granito In order of time...
The Queen
The Prince
The Selection
The Elite (The Favorite and the Guard is during)
The One
The Heir
Untilted
Image for The Prince
by Kiera Cass (Goodreads Author)