Dushyant
Dushyant asked:

Who do you think was responsible for Dorian Gray's decline? Henry, Basil or Dorian himself?

To answer questions about The Picture of Dorian Gray, please sign up.
Lauren Henry
Terry Candee Dorian. He was weak and totally self obsessed. Henry simply encourages self obsession in everyone. Poor Basil just loved Dorian.
Also I am reading, recently, a lot of Victorian literature and the very wealthy upper class are generally a horrible judgmental group of selfish people who I've grown to dislike immensely. Time to switch genres.
DeeRae Dorian. Henry was maybe in modern language, a big ass, but there are a lot of jerks out there who don't go and kill there supposed friends. I'd heard about this book before I read it, and I was lead to believe that he eventually becomes disgusted with the portrait/destroys it because it represents his sins, and he was convicted by this. However, in reality, he destroys it because he blames, IT, he blames Basil, and he destroys it because he wants an attempt at a "do-over" and thinks if he destroys it the magic will be broken. That told me it was always HIM, because he never repented or was truly sorry.
Lindsay Macdonald
Image for The Picture of Dorian Gray