Esther Byun
Esther Byun asked:

Is the audience intended to be adults? Teens? Appropriate for older children?

To answer questions about Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal, please sign up.
Radclyffe U-Haul It's an all-ages comic.
Gaz Watson i loved it, and got it for for my nieces and they loved it too, they're 10 & 12.
Jennifer I recently bought this for my young nieces, they are kindergarden and 2nd grade. The words are way to long and lengthy for them, but I know their father reads them comic books at night. Although the word cocaine comes up, and there's some drinking, it is pretty minor, and I know their father can easily censor it out. When they get old enough to read it by themselves (pre-teen/teen) I think the drinking aspect of the book is fine as the main character doesn't take part in the drinking, and provides a role-model to peer pressure.

As an adult I enjoyed the book, but then again I don't read super hero comics that often.
CapesandCovers If you're fine with what Nicole had mentioned, then it should be great for tweens and teens. Adults might like it, but I found it to be to be a tad too silly for me.
Nicole Miles It's really tame overall as far as language/violence/sex/substance abuse/adult themes/etc go. I'd say it's probably appropriate for middle-grade and up, but I guess it depends how strict you are. There is a *little* bit of drinking at a party in the beginning (mostly mentioned, not shown) and I think someone says "ass" once. There is also a store robbery at gunpoint (and subsequent gun-related injury).
Image for Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1
by G. Willow Wilson (Goodreads Author)