Brittany Lee
Brittany Lee asked:

Where in her life does it begin? Is this the manuscript that wasn't published because Harper and Row thought it was to gruesome for children? Does it include the Burr Oak and Florida years?

D. I was given this as a present- because to my family, my own personality and role is LIKE LAURA INGALLS! Now that I'm about halfway through, I really appreciate how much care and effort went into both Laura writing her "memoir", and the author annotating this. This volume is a rich and rewarding read.
Barbara "Pioneer Girl" begins with Laura's birth and stretches through the period of her original "Little House" novels. It includes Burr Oak but does not include her married life. There is biographical information about her later years, but not in Laura's own words.
Image for Pioneer Girl