Goodreads asked Roy A. Teel Jr.:

Roy A. Teel Jr. Writing is personal I have found that there is no one size fits all writing style or manner in which to write. I have been writing professionally since 2004. The first thing I would suggest is that the writer first and foremost work on their craft. Workshop, with other writers to find the genera they feel the most comfortable in.

Second: Write, everyday it makes no difference if you feel the inspiration on any given subject make it a habit to spend at least a half hour to an hour just writing. I have found for me that using that discipline has allowed me to find inspiration sometimes long after I have written something.

Three: Read, read something every day, a book, the news, an article that interests you but read. I have found that if I don't read I can't write.

Fourth: Don't write scared, write what you feel what inspires you, don't think about the audience when your writing think about your craft the writing will find it's audience but before it can you have to write it.

Fifth: Get thick skinned, when you write and then release it to the general public you have to let it go. You have to take the good reviews with the bad you will have to learn to take constructive criticism and your readers are the best place to get that criticism. Also remember that not everyone is going to like what you write, it's just a fact, one that you have to live with. However, if you have done your job well as a writer and not only written a great manuscript but also taken the time to have it professionally edited, and taken the time to present the best possible product for your audience you will reap the rewards.

Finally, if you want to start writing because you want to be the next New York Times best selling author, or want fame and fortune you are writing for the wrong reasons. If you write what you enjoy, that recognition may happen but if you are going into writing as a profession to get rich and famous your going into it for the wrong reasons very, very few writers will ever attain superstar status.