Yara
Yara asked:

I don't think anyone knows this, but I'm curious: is Gene called Gene because he studies genes? Or is this a coincidence?

To answer questions about The Rosie Project, please sign up.
Bub For both reasons. I would say the author was adding more humorous anecdotes.
Pim Van den berg Gene ( a guy ) is professor of psychology if I remember so he doesn't study genes much.
Vanessa Coe They mention it in the book that it's an uncanny coincidence
Lin Gene doesn't study genes but he likes to share his genes - lol. Don is the genetics expert; Gene's the psychologist.
Jill Oseman I knew a Gene and it was short for Eugene and yes, it was a male.
Nancy Sanford
Julien Isn't she studying psychology ?
Fleur Slegers I have no idea, interesting question though...

Liza Gene tutored the subject of genetics to medical students, including Rosie's mother.
DD Gene was the friend who headed psychology dept. Don was the geneticist. Don went to work at the same university as Gene, but then Gene was promoted to head the Psychology dept.
Khaled Abd Elwahed I think it is a coincidence
Sheila Pession I think it may be a coincidence... But to me, that was the intention of the author.
Han Pors sounds like a speaking name to me
Image for The Rosie Project
by Graeme Simsion (Goodreads Author)