Anab
Anab asked:

Are the characters better executed in this book? Can you connect with them better and it's not all jumbled?

To answer questions about Lirael, please sign up.
Kairia I can't say the characters are better executed but they are definitely more relatable than Sabriel's story. Almost half the book is character development before they set off on the main adventure.
Kelsey I found the characters had way more depth than the first book. I didn't mind the first book for what it was but I did find it very unmemorable. Lirael (the main character) and the secondary characters are developed much more than the first book.
Shima This is based on a complete different set of characters than Sabriel, Although some of the same characters appear here. The main characters Lirael is very different from Sabriel. She goes through very different problems specially at the start. I think this is a lot better than the first book and I suggest you give it a try, But I loved the first book too so perhaps I'm not a very reliable source! :)
Image for Lirael
by Garth Nix (Goodreads Author)