Doug Hall
Doug Hall asked:

Does anyone have an older edition of LeGrand Cannon, Jr.'s "Look to the Mountain" that contains an Afterword which references an historical journal by Captain Peter Powers? Peters documented some of the early history of New Hampshire and LeGrand's novel apparently used the journal to develop his novel about pioneers in the New England wilderness.

To answer questions about Look to the Mountain, please sign up.
Deborah W. Holman I too have a first edition, 1942, but no afterword.
Steve Zeoli I also have a first edition... no afterword.
Erin We just read this for our book group and one of our members, who is 90, said the same thing. There was an afterword that mentioned the journal. She is a descendant of Powers and is on the hunt for the journal. Though we had several editions for the book group, none mentioned this. But now I have heard this in two places so there must be an edition that has this.
Lori I have a first edition, 1942. It does not contain an afterword or forward. There is no mention of what you are looking for.
Image for Look to the Mountain