Thoscarey
Thoscarey asked:

I really like A Path Appears, and want to give copies to my children. But I know they will take one look at the size and not even crack it open. Is there a similar book at about 1/2 the size that anyone can recommend? I'm not suggesting this book is too long: if can get my children interested in something shorter on the same themes, then I can ramp them up to A Path Appears!

Chandler You might try getting them to listen to the audiobook. You can listen to books as you exercise, drive, clean, play games on your phone etc. It can be a useful way to experience books that are long and/or challenging.
Cybercrone A goodly portion of this book (+25%?) is bibliography so the portion to read for the stories and information is not that onerous.
You might try making it a family project? Set a half-hour every evening to read a chapter together and discuss he thoughts it gave you.
Image for A Path Appears
by Nicholas D. Kristof (Goodreads Author)