Charles Garard
Charles Garard asked Euphonos:

I have been getting into arguments lately about the importance of correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and structure. I was told that I am only concerned about these because I am a PhD in literature. Does that mean that no other writers should be concerned about writing the English language correctly, particularly when errors interfere with understanding meaning?

Euphonos Hello Charles,

That's interesting and I strongly believe its all about who you are dealing with. If they are happy about you correcting their grammar etc, It should be alright or I wouldn't go ahead for anything since some consider it soaked in and plain rude. People find you edgy and might move away. My piece of advice would be to just leave them a personal note.

Also, the straight-line perception of a writer being perfect in their grammar/spelling/punctuation and any other factor that pertains to English language is highly and rarely expected. Being a writer and author of three books, I write and write and don't really see the need to be so perfect; That might sometimes add up to the essence of losing it all.

That doesn't mean we end up releasing a book full of errors. If a book is out in the market with some errors, it could be because of editing issues, financial feasibility and other personal factors of negligence and in spite of perfect combination of all of these, yet we might not have a perfect book because the writer would have concentrated more on the words he/she is using rather than the accuracy or whatever.

Charles, Thank you for reviewing my first poetry book. I never felt criticised when you mentioned about the errors that popped up. Well, We have got to deal with them and try to rectify.

Merry Christmas & Happy new year..

Luv
Euphie