Brittney
Brittney asked:

I just started your book, but I'm curious -- where did the inspiration come from for Ebony (main character)? She's quite different from most main characters you run across in equine-fiction ;)

To answer questions about Jump Girl, please sign up.
Leigh Hutton Hi, Brittney! Thanks so much for your question and I apologise for my late reply - I've only just spotted it here on Goodreads. Many of my characters are 'composite characters' (based on characteristics of different people I've known in my life) and Ebony is no exception. I myself was a bit of a 'punk' equestrian in my showing days *lol* and I knew a few girls around the circuit who were very much like Ebony. I love that she's different and I wanted to tell a unique, real-life type story, while including themes that I loved from stories like Cinderella and Black Beauty. Thank you again, I hope you enjoyed Jump Girl xx
Image for Jump Girl
by Leigh Hutton (Goodreads Author)