Goodreads asked Laura H. Pearl:

Laura H. Pearl My husband and I moved to Dover, NH in 1989. It wasn't long before I began to learn about the rich and fascinating history of this small New England city, which was settled in 1623 and is the oldest permanent settlement in the state. Dover was the site of Indian massacres, epic fires, and devastating floods--to name just a few of the historical events you could write a book about. But what interested me most (having a part-Irish mom and an all-Irish husband) was the history of the Irish immigrants who began to come to Dover in droves starting in the early 1800's--many to work in the cotton mill in the center of town--and were ultimately instrumental in having the first Catholic church built in what had always been a mostly Protestant area.

I always thought the history of Dover's Irish-Catholic immigrants, whose numbers grew so exponentially during the 19th century that there was eventually an area of town known as "Dublin," would make a great backdrop for an historical novel. And thus was born Erin's Ring, my newly released YA Catholic novel, published by Bezalel Books in November of 2014. It has been a labor of love: a tribute to the town where my five sons were raised, to the church my family attends each Sunday for Mass, and to the brave, hardy, faith-filled, wonderful people who left the poverty of their beloved Emerald Isle to find better lives here in America.