Jim Lossing
Jim Lossing asked:

Your grandparents in Missouri were amazing people. What was their educational level?

To answer questions about Coming Home, please sign up.
Carol My grandpa finished sixth grade, considered an adequate education for most people of his time, especially for a farmer. My grandma completed eighth grade (and perhaps a little more; the family is unsure about that) and was recognized for her skill in math. I can’t help but believe she may have also been recognized for being a good reader. She always loved to read stories and poems to me when I was little and always was appropriately dramatic to emphasize suspense. She later wrote a neighborhood news column for our local newspaper. Of their four children, three went on to earn college degrees and became teachers. This would be admirable for any family today, but for their time this was remarkable.
Image for Coming Home
by Carol Lee Clippard (Goodreads Author)