F.
F. asked:

I really want to give this book a chance but everyone i know who've read it have said it's cheesy too predictable.... what do you guys think? should i ignore them and give it a chance?

To answer questions about First Grave on the Right, please sign up.
Onyx You should absolutely give this book a chance. It's a funny and easy read with it's serious moments. Try the audible edition if you like listening to audiobooks. The narrator is one of the best and does a terrific job bringing the characters to life.
Todd Agree all around. Yes it is cheesy and predictable if you are looking for it, but its an easy, fast, silly, fun read. Its not meant to leave you thinking... its meant for entertainment. That it does.
Kendra Clark I agree with Nouhe. I listened to the audiobook and the reader did a great job. I can honestly say I burst out laughing a few times while listening to the story and it brought a smile to my face.

This story line reminds me a lot of the Anita Blake series if you're looking for another reference. Enjoy!
Paula It might be the equivalent of snack food in book form, but that's okay by me. If you like the Stephanie Plum series, you'll probably like this series.
Becky The protagonist reminds me of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum. Same pluck and attitude with terrific luck. The audio book narrator is terrific just as she is for the Plum series. It is laugh out loud funny, but I didn't find it predictable. Cheesy? It's a fantasy chick lit; there's going to be a bit of cheese.
Judi Fox I hope you read it. The 13th and final (or is it?) book came out a few weeks ago, and I loved just about every word of all 13 of them.
Annie Ignore it, it's cheesy, not funny, the main characters are beyond annoying and it supports rape culture.
Amy Rieger loved all of these books in the series, I'm on The dirt on ninth now. I want a Rayes in my life!!
Tarma Give it a chance (although your query is written months ago). Yes, it is sort of cheeky and sort of predictable but there are a lot of good moments, sad moments and very entertaining.
Shannon Everyone is right.
Dominy Of course you should give it a chance! It is not your typical paranormal romance it's far more! It's funny, suspenseful, sexy, surprising, and above all entertaining. Cheesy, my friend, is in the eye of the cheeser. Don't expect Lord of the Rings type read, in fact, expect nothing, but read with an open heart and enjoy the story.
Image for First Grave on the Right
by Darynda Jones (Goodreads Author)