Jan Morris
Jan Morris asked:

This question is for the author: In the Preface you disclosed that you wrote this book to answer your sons' questions about how you developed the values and beliefs that have defined you. Based upon the reactions and discussions you have had with family and friends since the publication of the book, do you believe you accomplished that objective?

To answer questions about Coming Home, please sign up.
Carol I have achieved half of my objective. I have two sons who are in the stage of life when young children and demanding careers consume most of their time. One son has not yet finished the book! The other son has finished the book and has expressed surprise about my early life, commenting that he knew I lived on a farm but had not really understood all that that meant. He said he gained an understanding of my views and was glad to know about his heritage.
Other family members, the cousins depicted in the book, have been overwhelming positive about the recreation of our joint memories and tell me I accurately captured the personalities of the adults who nurtured us and that I brought our childhood alive for them. They have encouraged their own children to read the book to meet their ancestors. I couldn’t be more pleased.
Image for Coming Home
by Carol Lee Clippard (Goodreads Author)