A O
A O asked Kim Hood:

How old were you when you got your desire to become an author?

Kim Hood I can't remember a time when I didn't write stories. Before I could write, I acted story lines out through play. As soon as I had the skills to write a sentence (at about 6 years old), I started to write the stories down. So I guess you could say I've always been a writer.

But--I would only very recently count myself as an author, and while I always had the desire to be an author, I didn't have the commitment needed until I was 40. Before that I was always writing (I often come across the beginning of a story, tucked in a book, or hidden in between work meeting notes), but never finishing anything. I thought I needed more time; I thought I needed tranquility.

Nope. It turns out I just had to commit to the hard work needed to write a novel (even when I am tired, or want to watch t.v. instead).

I hope that answers your question Kula!.