Goodreads asked Rebekah McClew:

Rebekah McClew Hello, sorry it has taken me a long time to respond. I stepped away from writing for a while to work in healthcare however I am back to writing again.

I tend to get inspired by almost anything, either dreams, when I'm out hiking, a song I hear or my dog giving me this look she's humoring me. I've had patients who have inspired me from their determination or there are certain things about them I wish I could see in characters and it helps inspire me to write that spirit into my writing. writing for me has always been my passion and no matter what happens in life I always tend to come back to it. it allows me to be creative, solve problems and see things from a different perspective.