Richard
Richard asked:

If I haven't read any of the Paksenarrion books can I still read this series? Is this a direct sequel to the original trilogy or is there enough of a gap to make this a worthy stand alone series?

To answer questions about Oath of Fealty, please sign up.
Onewooga You absolutely can, though I think the Paks books are well worth the read (and still my favorite, even though I'm enjoying reading this new series). I think they help ground you a little in the realm and its logic, but I don't think you have to read them to figure things out. These events take place after the Paksenarrion books, and she is not featured except very briefly. A lot of the other characters are in these books, but you don't really need the full back story to get them.
Image for Oath of Fealty