Terri
Terri asked:

How does sleeping less and skipping breakfast help? This sounds pretty unbalanced as a lifestyle.

Virginia Menkes I agree. The Brain needs Sleep to perform at its best.
I've read some wonderful books on the brain, & have gone to Dr. D. Amen's Clinic, (in New York) which he & his associates agree, a brain sleep deprived, cannot function to its best ability. Where did this Dave A. Get his research from? Sounds a little strange !! I selected to get a sample of his book, & could not get it to open, After reading some of the reviews, I guess it's just as well ,that I won't t bother to read it. I'll stick with The Omni Plan ( diet) by Tana Amen.
Thanks for the feedback on this so-called bulletproof diet. It saved me time ( by not bothering to read it )
Prudence Tippins The ability to function well on less sleep is an effect of the protocol, not one of the techniques ("biohacks") he discusses. He discusses skipping breakfast in the context of "intermittent fasting" which has documented benefits, but it's an optional part of the plan. Also, while intermittent fasting calls for no food at all, the Bulletproof diet offers the now-famous Bulletproof coffee option as a breakfast replacement that provides nutrition to the cells while not triggering insulin.
Image for The Bulletproof Diet