The Witch Woman

Why does it say that this book is number 6 in the series? In the original series (that i have at home), this book is number 1. I kind of confused. I am reading after this order: "The Magicians Nephew", "The Lion, the Witch and the wardrobe", "The Horse and his boy", "Prince Caspian", "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", "The Silver Chair" and "The Last Battle" Please enlighten me :)

To answer questions about The Magician's Nephew, please sign up.
Janell Yup, the original version definitely has this as #6 - including the box set from the 1970s that I just read. Only the modern re-release of the series, done after C.S. Lewis died, has it as #1.
Selah The books were written and published in the following order: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, The Horse and His Boy, The Magician's Nephew, The Last Battle. Sometime in the last 20 years they were reordered to follow the chronology within the books. Personally I prefer to read them in the original publication order.
Image for The Magician's Nephew