Paula Sunsong
Paula Sunsong asked:

Do you enjoy one large anthology of Oz books or do you like them in single book editions?

To answer questions about The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, please sign up.
Deborah Byrd I read and loved the Oz books as a child and recently received a large box of them back from my sister, who was keeping our old collection. Some are worn out, and I plan to replace them with new editions for my grandchildren. I'd definitely recommend single book editions for young hands to hold and love, as we did ...

By the way, I started my grandson on The Wizard of Oz when he was not quite 3. And he loved it and sat still for long chunks of it at a time, even on pages without illustrations. The language is exceedingly beautiful ... and wonderful for inspiring a sense of adventure and friendship in children. At one point, my grandson turned to a picture in the book showing the whole company traveling the Yellow Brick Road, pointed to Dorothy and said, "This is me." I remember feeling that very thing when I was young ...
Image for The Wonderful Wizard of Oz