Sharrice
Sharrice asked:

Why a genie? There are so few stories about genies, what made you want to write about genies?

To answer questions about I Wish, please sign up.
Elizabeth Langston Several years ago at a writing conference, I attended a panel of YA book editors, who mentioned that they were tired of vampires, werewolves, fairies, witches, and mermaids. One of them said that she liked paranormal/supernatural stories but that she would really like to see something different.

Her comment made me think about supernatural beings that I'd enjoyed on TV (and didn't have a big presence in YA books). BEWITCHED was a great show, but the editors didn't want to see witches. I DREAM OF JEANNIE came to mind next.

I discarded the idea at first. I really didn't want to write about a character who could snap his fingers and make everything turn out okay.

But then I spun the idea around. How about a genie who isn't allowed to use his magic? And I WISH was born.

(I apologize for the lateness of this response. I didn't see it until today.)
Image for I Wish
by Elizabeth Langston (Goodreads Author)