Rob Smith
Rob Smith asked:

Why is it that of the 350 names in the Book of Mormon, 100 are found in the Bible, others are place names found on early 19th century maps, and the rest are derivatives of Bible names?

Silver - Have a great day, you're loved For the names that came from the Bible or are derivatives of Bible names, that is likely because of what we can assume is a tradition of Lehi and his descendants to name their children after people they admire. I can't think of a great B of M from Bible example off the top of my head, but one example of two prophets of the Book of Mormon, both named Nephi. Many people know of Nephi, the first prophet whose writings we see in the Book of Mormon, but there is also one later who was alive when Jesus came to visit the Nephites, the author of 3rd Nephi and 4th Nephi.

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about with names being on early 19th century maps.
Jwg Because Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon using the Bible and other books he had seen and read as resources.
Image for The Book of Mormon