Lauren
Lauren asked:

I can never escape the joy of laugh out loud satire combined with intellect. James Watson's "Avoid Boring People" makes me laugh out loud while contemporaneously learning a while lot of "STUFF"!! While I personally LOVE satire (in conjunction with knowledge and author subject matter expertise) do other nerdy bookworms such as myself find this is a detraction from public appeal and marketability?

aswang7890 Jim Watson is friggin funny as heck! I don't remember "The Double Helix" (1968) having anything remotely funny. I seem to remember that it was all science. But "Genes, Girls, and Gamow" (2001/2002) was laugh-out-loud hilarious. And "Avoid Boring (other) People" seems to be the same way. Very cool. It's funny how Watson seem to think he was a 'catch'; he was so into girls. It's amazing that he got anything done in the lab and even win a Nobel Prize. I'm also amaze at how he could remember all this stuff, enough to write about them. He's pretty smart, I guess.
Image for Avoid Boring People