Lee Hethcox
Lee Hethcox asked:

I'm not a big vampire fan, but I like Barbara Hambly, so I may try this one. Anybody have an opinion on this series?

To answer questions about Those Who Hunt the Night, please sign up.
Samuel Silbory The book avoids the vampire fan girl-ism, teen romance, and poorly thought out supernatural powers. This is a vampire novel for people who hated Twilight.
Aibohphobia I'm in the same boat as you - I'm a Barbara Hambly fan, but not a vampire fan. If you're willing to tolerate vampires, then I cannot recommend this book enough. It's excellent. But nearly every page talks about vampires in one sense or the other, so if your tolerance for vampires is extremely low, be warned.
Jennie I liked this one and the second, “Traveling with the Dead.” Then there was a 15-year gap between the publishing of books 2 and 3, and the distance showed. I gave up the series after too much Lydia-in-Jeopardy in the later books. It seemed so unlike Hambly, whose strong female characters I’ve always liked, to turn Lydia kind of silly. But I absolutely recommend the first two!
TTocs
Image for Those Who Hunt the Night
by Barbara Hambly (Goodreads Author)