Janet
Janet asked:

How does pure saturated fat advocacy of this diet influence potential heart disease? Is this Dr. Atkins all over again? I'm curious. I'd like to avoid atherosclerosis, if possible. I look forward to learning about readers' results.

Prudence Tippins There are significant differences from the Atkins diet, including a high level of vegetables as part of the diet and a lower level of protein. Fat is emphasized because the body can run on ketones, produced in the absence of carbohydrates (sugars/glucose), and this source of energy is superior for the mitochondria -- the energy-producers in the cells. I was also very suspect but am finding positive results, even with modifications necessary for a vegetarian.
Jeremy Darby One of the first things Asprey does is refute claims that saturated fat is in any way linked to heart disease. The types of fat you eat are important, though.
Image for The Bulletproof Diet