Dark_Magican
Dark_Magican asked:

I have read this book but i haven't seen the movies. Do you know which adaptation is better? or are they both really good? I've heard it gets really gory at the end is this true

To answer questions about Carrie, please sign up.
Jingizu I have in the past week, watched both the 1976 version and the very similar 2013 version, and found to my surprise that I now enjoyed the 2013 version more. Chloe-Grace Moretz brought a deeply emotional portrayal to Carrie, and although Sissy Spacek's was excellent, I think Moretz actually did a better job.

2013 version being set in modern times, I also liked the inclusion of things like cyber-bullying.

Same with the role of Margaret White, in original Piper Laurie was good, but Jullianne Moore brought an intensity to the role that was great to see.
Both followed the book quite closely, and only the ending of both movies are somewhat different than the book. The same people die etc. but some of the events of the town's destruction and its aftermath are omitted etc.

I would honestly recommend that you watch both.
♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤ The first is truer to the book, and they are r16 so very violent and gory
Jay Robillard There are bits and pieces of each movie that do better than the other. The 1976 version came first, so it holds a lot of nostalgia for people. But then in 2013, Julianne Moore's portrayal as Carrie's mom has a little more dimension to it. Piper Laurie was just kind of "foaming at the mouth crazy" the whole time.

The cyberbullying idea is cool, but I feel like they only scratched the surface with it. It was just another tool to show that Carrie was bullied, which was already shown in the original film. Additionally, I think the new Carrie movie has a lower body count than the original, which is always a disappointment to a horror fan.
Abby Rose I liked the 2013 version best. Chloe-Grace was a really good Carrie.
Image for Carrie
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)