Margaret Konecsni
Margaret Konecsni asked Keith R.A. DeCandido:

I finished "Gryphon Precinct" this past week (GREAT series, BTW), and I realized that I was missing one "precinct" in particular. Will you ever write "Mermaid Precinct", if only so we can find out what happens to certain characters? (I'm trying to NOT spoil anything.) Happy Thanksgiving, sir!

Keith R.A. DeCandido Oh worry not, MERMAID PRECINCT is on my to-be-written list. The problem is that my deal with Dark Quest is that I don't get paid any up-front money for the "Precinct" books, it's royalty-only. Because of that, I've been forced to prioritize projects that do pay money in advance. And right now I've got a Kickstarter story to write (also in the "Precinct" universe), three editorial projects to do, a graphic novel adaptation of a novel to finish, and a STARGATE SG-1 novel to write, which will take me to mid-February. I'm hoping I'll be able to write MERMAID PRECINCT after that.

FWIW, I can tell you that the plot will involve the legendary Pirate Queen. :)