Keisha
Keisha asked:

Who inspired your main character, Adelaide?

To answer questions about A Twist in the Story, please sign up.
Sophia Oh goodness, tough question. Personality wise I would have to say that Adelaide kind of grew upon herself. I started her with the basic kind of shy, insecure girl who had a horrid past but I wanted to add something a little special; her smarts, her sweet, caring side and her spicy side. I don't really think that any certain person living or fictional really inspired Adelaide. Yes, there were some parts of her personality that were snippets from things here and there, but overall Adelaide really grew upon herself as I wrote the story. She has that sort of chemistry in her personality where there are so many layers to her that you have to unlock. So, to put it shortly, I don't think anyone really 'inspired' her, she is her own person. She does remind me of a few characters and real people that I know but she wasn't based off of any of them.

(EDIT) Actually, her name was also inspired by someone. Back in middle school I read this book called "Skary Childrin" by Katy Towell and I LOVED that book to death. It's still one of my favorites and I pull it out every so often. Anyways, the main character is named Adelaide and has long black hair. Granted, the Adelaide in Skary Childrin was part were-wolf or something like that but their physical appearances are similar. ;) Hope that helped!
Image for A Twist in the Story
by Sophia Olson (Goodreads Author)