Saara
Saara asked Richelle Mead:

Hi, Richelle! I love the Vampire Academy series! I wanted to ask you, how is it that you keep on coming up with ingenious, elaborate plots within a short time for each of your many books? How do you go about structuring the plots, deciding what events take place and in which order, and the like? Being a wannabe writer, this is the part I struggle with the most and I'd like to know how you've done it.

Richelle Mead It's actually a difficult part of the writing process for me too! I have to plan it all out in advance, make notes, and draw outlines. If I try to write the book without having everything figured out beforehand, I either get lost or run out of ideas. Some authors don't need to do that. They just sit down without a plan, start typing, and ideas come to them. Me? I need a whiteboard a detailed plan of action! It sounds like you may be like me, so my advice would be to work out an outline of your story or book first before you actually start writing it. It's not always fun, but it'll keep you on track and make for better writing. Good luck!