Christine
Christine asked:

Perfect topic for those of us embracing stillness and choosing to go "nowhere" this Thanksgiving weekend! I'm looking forward to reading it. Like Iyer, I've traveled extensively and immersed myself in many cultures. I'm now pwerfectly content to stick around home and chill with my dog most days, even holidays. Do others who enjoyed this book also have extensive travel backgrounds like Iyer's?

J. Todd I've travelled through 20 countries, but still I find stillness the greatest adventure, and most rewarding, enriching journey of all. Going to the mountain top is exceedingly worthwhile, but going deep within is what makes it worthwhile. Reading thousands of books and travelling the world has been extraordinarily enriching and illuminating; but simply being still, and simply being, with gratitude, simplicity, wakefulness and attention, opens doors that cannot even be found, in any other way. As a dear friend said, "Be still, and seek the light." I heartily agree!
- J. Todd Ring,
Author of Enlightened Democracy: Visions For A New Millennium, and The People Vs The Elite
Helen Gallagher I first learned of Pico Iyer through his travel writing, There is such a sense of calm and thoughtful observations. I always come away refreshed and more aware after his writing influences my travels.
Image for The Art of Stillness