Diana
Diana asked:

I first read this book because I know people with Asperger's / on the Autism Spectrum. Does it hold up on it's own?

To answer questions about The Speed of Dark, please sign up.
Mari Stein I think it is quite good. We are all different, so I feel the 'cardboard cutouts' opinion could be said of any characters in any book. I think she did a good job of showing us without really understanding us
Toby Driscoll Not really. The characters are cardboard cutouts and the story is slow and thin. It might be of interest to get someone's idea of what goes on in the head of an autistic, but otherwise it has little to recommend it.
Michael Plutnam I actually do think it holds up well, as a teacher you frequently deals with ASD it may not be the perfect representation of the condition, but the story is wonderful.
Image for The Speed of Dark