Julie
Julie asked:

What do you think of social media? Do you think it's beneficial or do it's negatives outweigh the positives?

Barbara Post-Askin
HI Julie,
Thank you for your question. In today's times, I do believe Social Media is a necessity. It is where the voice of the people can be heard in seconds and spread in minutes. However, there are positives and negatives to everything we do. As such, social media does have a negative impact on the younger generation because they have become so dependent on it. They don't go outside and physically socialize or interact like they did in my day and I feel that this physical isolation will have a negative impact on human interaction and social development, years down the road.

In a positive sense, this relates to many cases, particularly my own. Social media will help me reach out to a wider audience, one who wants to learn from first hand accounts about history during World War II, The Great Depression, and the Civil War (all with a click of a button).

In turn, social media has been very instrumental for me in selling my book “ Reflections Of Liberty”. This fills my heart with joy being able to reach those who can experience my journey and will take readers through my eyes on a national, spiritual and personal revival.

Best,
Barbara Post-Askin
Image for Reflections of Liberty
by Barbara Post-Askin (Goodreads Author)