Paula Graham
Paula Graham asked:

Does the book contain bad language?

To answer questions about Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter, please sign up.
Sean Franklin is a poet with prose. He cannot write bad language. I've read every word of his I could find and I have yet to find anything written badly or even goodly, he is just perfect.
Steve I agree with Margaret. The language used by the characters is genuine, not excessive and does not detract from the compelling impact of the storyline.
Jacqueline Blatchford Yes, it has plenty of bad language.
Michelle Donovan Really, the idea of "bad language" is subjective, isn't it? I mean, some people can deal with characters who talk like dock wallopers, and others think that anything stronger than "oh jeez!" is scandalous.
Shawn M There is no such thing as bad language. Just language. You probably don't want to read this to a third grader.
Heather Prichard This book contains adult themes and yes, some of the characters do curse. I guess you could consider it realistic fiction in that regard.
Margaret Elder The language is consistent with characterization and is not gratuitous.
Lynne It seems so odd to me that you'd consider reading a book with two murders in it but worry about "bad language".
Elizabeth Demboski Yes, there is objectionable language in the book.
Image for Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
by Tom Franklin (Goodreads Author)