Garden Girl
Garden Girl asked:

I loved this book so much! Can anyone recommend similar books with the richness of characters and the quality of mystery? The one that I think comes closest is 'The Thirteenth Tale', which I have read twice.

To answer questions about Life After Life, please sign up.
Shelly Finn These books are similar to Life After Life. I loved each of these. Hope this helps...

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
by Claire North

The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope
by Rhonda Riley

The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells
by Andrew Sean Greer
BookstagramETC Thanks for asking this question - can't wait to try out some that people suggested! My first thought was The Thirteenth Tale - ha! Also, it's in a different style, but Stephen King's 11/22/63 deals with similar ideas of alternate story lines and trying to go back and change history. And similar to those: All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai and Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - but those really have a different feel from this one, more just dealing with the same idea of reliving alternate lives. However, the TV show The Glass Castle on Amazon Prime has a similar feel to Life After Life!
Erin Its plot line reminded a lot of the book "My Name is Memory" by Ann Brashares.
Donna you may also enjoy Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffennegger......rich in character development and compelling storytelling!
Benji Carr Every Day - David Levitan
Jennww2ns I would highly recommend "Replay" by Ken Grimwood. It made me cry.
Lottie People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks - I couldn't put it down!
Carol I loved, loved:

The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian

The Lying Tongue by Andrew Wilson

Homework by Margot Livesey

All were gripping! Hope you like. I did thoroughly enjoy the The Thirteenth Tale.
Laia Year of Wonder by Geraldine Brooks and The Queen's Fool by Phillipa Gregory are two books I've read that had a similar feel to me, for some reason.
Katrina Stonoff Have you read The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger? I had a similar experience when I read that one.
Image for Life After Life