Elizabeth Sulzby

Question: I am listening to Orfeo on audio CD and am just a bit past the section on Olivier Messiaen’s “Quartet for the End of Time." The "reader" gives certain sections in the tone of a computer voice (and that sounds appropriate)--however, I cannot find any commentary on this "computer character" in any of the reviews. Can any other readers enlighten me on this "character"? Thanks.

To answer questions about Orfeo, please sign up.
Michelle I also 'read' the audio book, and found the robotic voice a bit confusing. Near the end, you find out that these are all "Tweets" that Els sends during his time on the lamb.
Elizabeth Sulzby Tamara and Ken, there is quite a bit on YouTube about the music Powers discusses in Orfeo. I have now listened to the audio CD twice and read the print book once. I am working my way through all of Powers' books now. Thanks for your comments and Likes.
Ken If you keep listening, your question will be answered.
Image for Orfeo