Katie
Katie asked:

is this a good book for an 11 year old?

To answer questions about Jane Eyre, please sign up.
Reagan Eure I read it when I was eleven. The only problem would be the vocabulary, but if you think you'll be able to comprehend it, then go ahead. There's nothing inappropriate in it, if that's what you were thinking. I say, read it.
Jackie King That would depend on the 11 year old. Personally I would have loved reading this book at 11, and actually read Gone with the Wind instead, but that was me. It's a good book to read but with the way it is written it can be hard to get through for some people at that age. I would suggest reading it together and see how that works out. It can be fun to read aloud to each other and also if there are difficulties, your right there to help.
Addison Dixon I guess it's fine. like Bryan said, they'd more than likely have a hard time comprehending it. I mean, it's a depressing story, but it's probably best to get an annotated version or whatever so that they can understand it better.
Bryan Borgers Absolutely. I teach 11th graders that have not had the experience of reading good literature, so they are not prepared for it. Your 11 year old will struggle with it, but isn't that the point? Besides, it's a good story.
Jon Snow Yes! I read this book in 4th Grade and I absolutely LOVED it. It is a romance, but it is not particularly sappy or at all sexual and there is no bad language. There is some violence, but not to a gorey extent. You'll love it. :)
Image for Jane Eyre