Crystal
Crystal asked:

I realize that Lumiere is a fictional location, but any input on what general region of France in which it's supposed to be located? I'm thinking Franche-Comte or Rhone Alpes, but I don't know enough of French geography yet to narrow it down further.

To answer questions about The Hundred-Foot Journey, please sign up.
Justine According to the author, Lumière is supposed to be located in the Jura, which is one of the French departments that, indeed, make up the Franche-Comté region. However, I'm not sure exactly where the village is supposed to be. The author mentions the Alps but to see the Alps from the Jura, you have to get pretty high on the Jura Mountains, which are north of the Alps. He also mentions the "Jura Alps" which might be his way to refer to the same Jura Mountains. The precise location of the village is a bit unclear but you were right in assuming it's in Franche-Comté.
Je Antonuccio If its in the Alps, it would be along the southeast border. The Alps divides Switzerland, Germany, France and Italy.
Fran Eckert The author spent a good bit of his childhood in Switzerland, near Zurich, and this was supposed to be representative of that area of the Alps although he set the story in France.
Image for The Hundred-Foot Journey
by Richard C. Morais (Goodreads Author)